Saturday, November 16, 2013

3:46 am: its cold!!


So I think I slept about 2 hours this night.
For everyone who doesn't know, my family, friend and I are sleeping outside for The Refuge's homeless awareness event.

Now it's almost 4am and really cold and really uncomfortable.
The cold is not bothering so much as my back. Trying to stay comfortable is hopeless.
The other problem is the noise. My goodness if I had to do this often I would pick a place away from the road and train!!

My son however is freezing!

We just walked over to the Catholic church across the road to use the bathroom. Headed back to figure out how to make it until a little later.

We ended up in the van until 5. Then we got breakfast, packed up, and now in the van again.

We thought that if we did this again next year we were thinking of staying the night in the car. Then we could identify with those living in their cars.
We could pick a parking lot close to M-24, get a lot more people to do it with us and put big signs in our car windows. Hmmm....what do you think?
Anyway, make sure to make your One Day for The Refuge gift today. Our fundraiser is today.
Give online or stop by here until 11, or drop a check in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment