Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Backing up before going forward

In order to make sense of everything I've learned in these last 2 weeks I have to look back to all girls week at Wolverine Christian Service Camp. 
There was a lot of planning and preparation that went into that week of camp.
Creating something that will impact others forces you to look at yourself to see things differently and make sense of your personal story.
The camp theme this year was step up! Be the change
Our week focused on stepping up to ourselves and coming out of hiding. Like hiding from our pain hiding from God and others.
We wanted to inspire them to  step up to being loved by God loving each other and doing good.
I know I learned much about myself.
I hope the girls learned a lot too.
Throughout the week the girls were encouraged to use a canvas that hung on the wall to write down the things that they learned or things that inspired them. 
It was a great assessment tool.
By the end of the week it was filled with prayers and glimpses of the impact the lessons had on them.
We had small groups where the girls could really open up. It was at these times many of the girls just really let themselves be real and honest. 
It was beautiful.
Hopefully, the girls will remember that week. Hopefully, they will remember that God loves us so incredibly much just as we are that we can start now to step up and make a change in our lives.
I know I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment